Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Wiring immersion heater

Interestingly, my emersion heater terminals do not run very hot at all, and
none ever have. I suspect it depends on the type and thermostat settings. as
I say, I've seen no sign of soggy sleaving on mine since the 1970s.
Its just pvc, not ptfe.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
GB wrote:
Wiring immersion heater - how important is it to use special heat
resistant flex?

To the actual unit? Essential. Many fit a JB etc close to it so only need
the heat resistant flex for the last little bit.

Also, will 1.5mm2 do for a length of just over 1m in open air, or is
2.5mm2 required?

1.5mm is fine for a short distance.

--
*There are two kinds of pedestrians... the quick and the dead.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.