Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe JoeJoe is offline

Default Shower tray - which one?

I am after a 1000x900 rectangle shower tray at a sensible price.

As the dimensions are less common, the choice is somewhat restricted.
There are quite a few "acrylic capped stone resin" ones available
(acrylic surface, reinforced with resin/stone from below I assume?), but
hardly any all-resin/stone ones.

Of the very few later ones that are available, I am struggling to find
one with the waste at the desired position and the correct depth for the
tray (they all seem to be very shallow/low-profile nowadays, and there
are too many people with long hair in this house, so a flood looks
inevitable...).

What does the panel think? Are the acrylic ones as bad as people make
them up to be, or is it just pure snobbery that makes people avoid them?

The 2 x resin ones that we have (one about to be replaced) have been
impossible to keep clean after a while - the grime seemed to have
embedded itself in the surface over the years, regarding of what
cleaning product we have tried). On the other hand, the acrylic one that
we have still looks as good as new.