Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Phone Charging

John Keiser wrote on 11/20/2017 9:50 AM:
These are handy devices to measure the working capacity of the charger:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...53.m2749.l2658

The cheapest ones have worked fine for me.

How do they measure the capacity of the charger? They measure the current
drawn by the load and the voltage. I have one and when I used it with the
phone and charger it indicated a voltage slightly over 5 volts and never
registered a current unless the phone would allow charging to begin.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998