Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does this VIDEO depict a bad 3 phase motor?

He has it mounted on a hard / semi-rigidity / wood pallet.
He should have it on shocks like an isolated rubber sheet
without bolts through making the thing hard again.

Rubber washers top/bottom with metal washers to transfer bolt
head and nut to keep within bounds but not hold tight. Let the
motor float in the bounds.

If the need is so tight, then he should go multi-phase and super
balanced with super bearings. The winding's have to be matched.

Martin

On 11/20/2017 8:32 PM, Ignoramus26205 wrote:
I sold a supposedly rebuilt 3 phase 10 hp motor to a customer.

The customer contacted me and is claiming that the motor is
defective, citing vibration and noise.

I asked him to make a video.

As a proof of this, he produced the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6bnva0Q0g

As I watched it, and looking at the water in cup, I could not but feel
that it is a totally normal motor. However, as I would like to be sure
of whether I am right, or wrong, I wanted to ask your opinion.

Does the above motor sound bad and does it vibrate excessively?

thanks