Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Don't Buy This Blade

-MIKE- wrote in news
On 11/20/17 4:53 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in news
On 11/19/17 10:14 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
Are they going to screw up my zero clearance inserts by moving the blade?

It might widen it a smidgen.

It's going to do a lot more than widen it.
It's going to move it over the width of the stabilizer, which is
probably 1/8".

Only if you put the stabilizer on the wrong side of the blade -- and if you do, you've *also*
changed the distance from the blade to the rip fence.

If you put the stabilizer where it belongs, between the blade and the arbor nut, there's no
impact on the ZCI as long as you continue to use thin-kerf blades.

Well, they most often come in pairs, so they do "belong" on both sides.

Your experience and mine differ; I've *never* seen them in pairs, only singles.