Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser[_2_] John Keiser[_2_] is offline

Default Phone Charging

These are handy devices to measure the working capacity of the charger:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...53.m2749.l2658

The cheapest ones have worked fine for me.

On 11/20/2017 4:26 AM, rickman wrote:
Bruce Esquibel wrote on 11/20/2017 6:29 AM:
In sci.electronics.repair rickman wrote:

I'm still stumped.

Because you aren't listening to the other responses, those phones need a
modified cable to charge. Many of those type also used that mini (micro?)
usb jack to use as headphones, standard cable to export the photos and of
course to charge it.

I have no idea what you read.Â* Of course I have a cable with the mini
USB connector.Â* There's no way to plug it in otherwise.Â* I don't know
why anyone would bother to tell me that.Â* I said I could charge the
phone with two chargers I have using the same cable as used with the two
chargers that won't charge the phone.Â* So clearly the cable is not the
issue.Â* Further it is clear the chargers don't have the resistor because
in the Motorola cable it is on a pin that does not exist in the type A
connector on the chargers, so no way to connect it.Â* I said all this in
the post you replied to.Â* I think you didn't listen to my post.

Anyway, I doubt your "I can't find it" claim...

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-W376.../dp/B00KC6CW2G

seems to be what you need.

"can't be found" is referring to the charger that came with the phone.
That is why I am looking for another way to charge this phone.Â* The
original charger is MIA.

Thanks for your help.

I've measured the voltage on the different chargers, but didn't write
down the numbers as they were all pretty close to 5 volts.Â* One web page
did mention the phone would not charge if the voltage was too high or
too low. I'm wondering how critical the high voltage is.Â* Or possibly
the phone is triggering to not charge because the low voltage is too low
and I don't see it on the USB meter because it is too quick to see with
the slow update rate?Â* The chargers that work are definitely higher
current.