Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Flat roof, lean to, side Garage extension - roofing timbers?

GB Wrote in message:
On 19/11/2017 19:18, jim wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
jim wrote:

GB wrote:

https://www.eden.gov.uk/planning-and...-timber-sizes/
Can you risk departing from the details here, even though the roof
covering is obviously lighter than the council have in mind?

Mmm :-D

So 2x6" timbers at 18" spacing? Does feel a bit overkill ...

Strewth Mmm
I think that's sounding like a first floor! :-)

The obvious question is what timbers does the garage roof have? This
lean-to is a similar size, I suppose.

The garage roof has the advantage of a parapet (if there is one), and
the garage is closed, so the wind can't get underneath the roof
covering. Will the lean-to have open sides or be closed in fully?

Good points.

The existing garage has at best 4x2s supporting an.old ply& felt
roofoverlaid with wiggly tin sheets. No parapet as
such.

The lean to I envisage will have a "hit & miss" well-ventilated
side & rear "wall" made of timber so yes potentially wind could
get under but we are very sheltered here...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/