Posted to alt.home.repair
Jaxs Plumbing Jaxs Plumbing is offline

Default Measuring A/C current

On 11/20/2017 08:49 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, November 20, 2017 at 7:45:41 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:
I'm trying to find out what current my space heater uses. Says 1500 watts;
that's about 12A. I have a clamp-on current meter. Is there a trick to
using one of these on a power cord or do you have to have some kind of
adapter to split the power cord lines?

Any way to do this to make it simple? I have some other thinfs, like a
radio, that I'd like to measure too. (Trying to run my space heater and a
radio off the same receptacle.)

TIA
--

I carried one of these in my electrical tool pouch. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.amazon.com/Extech-480172.../dp/B0000YHN9W

[8~{} Uncle Split Monster

Sonofabiscuit, I modified a $20 extension cord to get the 10x multiplier loop...and your solution is only $17.Â* Thanks!