Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default To antifreeze or not...

On Monday, 20 November 2017 11:21:58 UTC, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

As mentioned before I have a branch of the heating system that is slightly
at risk of freezing - UFH and an air blower in the conservatory.

I was considering Sentinel X500 which is propylene glycol based, but
thought people might be interested in some pros and cons I've discovered
during research:

Or electric trace heating. I have a run of pipe in a shed that regularly
froze until I put trace heating tape round it. TLC sell a kit that is
reasonably priced and has a blimp thermostat that fixes to the pipe and
comes on close to freezing - works a treat so far

Andrew

You might be able to use the UFH pipe itself as the heating element, with a transformer with 1 or 2 turns on. Saves digging it all up!

NT