Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 10:03:23 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 15:12:17 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 05:41:26 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 11:55:42 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 03:30:12 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave

It would depend on where it bridged itself (if it does). It might
already have done that, in which case the measured voltage is
even more worrying!

doesn't worry me in the least because I expected it.

I don't think you can be sure exactly where the voltage drop is
coming from though can (even) you?

No but againn I donlt care.

I'm guessing you do care or this thread wouldn't be as long as it is?

It's not me that's making the thread long.

Mine was a simple question regarding what power would yuo expect a 2KW
heater to use. I wanslt expecting pin point accuracy when I knew the
jeaters specs was 2KW 220-240V there;s a 10% change without the power
altering.

A great many years ago, I lived for a time in a part of the country where
the mains was only 200v. My soldering iron didn't get hot, so I had to
buy a 200v element for it. When I moved back into the "real world" the iron
got much hotter than intended and eventually burned out.

But you understood why that happened from the beginning right? weg

Cheers, T i m