Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On 20/11/2017 02:21, Rod Speed wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 19/11/2017 20:06, Rod Speed wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Mark" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 11:19:46 -0000, Yellow
wrote:

I want a society like this too.Â* But I don't want a society where the
less fortunate are below the "poverty-line" lime some here are
advocating.

the problem with this poverty line thing is that this is different
for a single person and a family with children

I have already shown that it is perfectly possible for a single
person to live a reasonable life on NMW (assuming that the job is a
permanent full time one)

But the same amount is never going to be sufficient for a family

That's very arguable depending on what they rent and how many kids
they have.

But you can't realistically suggest that all jobs have to pay an
amount sufficient for a family

Some countrys have done that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvester_case

It's a nonsense

Nope.

OK... So...

1. How much is "sufficient" for a family of four (2 children) in the UK?

Not possible to say. The way people live is so radically
different even with a specific group like that one.

Just for clarity, let's posit a location in... er... Birmingham.

Even doing that doesnt help. Even if you just restrict it to Benefits
Street.

2. Explain why a single teenager is worth the same amount for serving
in a café which is not making a huge profit.

Never said they were.

Sorry... faulty editing on my part... this was meant for "tim...".