Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Typical price and elements of gas furnace service

On 11/19/2017 4:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/19/2017 3:23 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

My friend, on the other hand, has continued to have his Lennox
"serviced" every year - the last service being Friday morning. Friday
evening the furnace kicked the breaker. We reset the breaker and it
worked for one cycle - then the blower failed to run and the furnace
shut down again. Yesterday the furnace guy came in and checked a few
things and told him it needed over $2700 in parts - plus labour - to
fix it.

Getting a new furnace Dec 4th.

Â* What he's paid in "service" over the last 16 years would have paid
for the new furnace - - -

Instead of paying double, he should have had a AHS home warranty and he
could have paid triple.Â* They get about $925 a year.

You have to watch some of these service guys. They are instructed by
the company to up-sell parts.