Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On 19/11/17 19:41, Yellow wrote:
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 14:19:18 -0000, tim...
wrote:

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 11:41:23 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
tim... wrote:
The current pension starts at £155

No it doesn't

It does if you are paid up.

only if fully paid up NOT contracted out

You have to remember that the Mail headline figures for any state
payments
- always the very maximum possible - are the only important ones to our
right wing pals. What people may get in practice aren't even considered.

Until they come to have to live on them. Then the story changes.

I don't know about The Mail, but Tim is wrong on this one

No I am not

the official projection of the pension (in today's money) that I will get in
7 years when I retire says

"well done" you have the maximum 35 years of contributions for which you
will receive a pension of 120 pounds something

- which might
come as a pleasant surprise to him.

it will if when I get there it is 155.00 but all the evidence says that it
wont be

Then you need to chase this up with the tax office because it is wrong.

He may have been contracted out.