Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

In article , RJH writes
On 19/11/2017 00:55, Fredxxx wrote:
In article ,
*** Andrew wrote:
Members of that union may well see things from a totally different
perspective. False news isn't a recent invention.

Err, all summer we have had endless strikes on Southern and
Thameslink because ASLEF had joined the RMT in a dispute that
was about 'safety'.

Lo and behold, by accepting the chance to earn up to £72,000
a year, the safety issue seems to have been quietly dumped.

In other words it was a dispute about money all along.

They're going to have a shock. Driverless trains and tubes are
going to be a much easier implemented reality than driverless
cars and HGV's.

Watch this space.

You're showing your true colours. Not only do you want benefits for the
unemployed abolished or reduced, but you also rub your hands at the idea
of people losing their jobs.

Its human nature to wish bad things to those who disrupt your life
through taking selfish industrial action. If the union members were
unhappy with pay and conditions, they could just get another job.

Nonsense - at least IME. I don't think many take industrial action for
their own benefit.

That must be the daftest thing said on here in a long time.
Especially nowadays where strike pay is the exception.

--
bert