Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tim... tim... is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

"mechanic" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:14:45 +0000, JNugent wrote:

I would love a pensioner's bus pass but am not old enough
unfortunately,
and was wistfully thinking about them only the other day.

I concluded I would be prepared to pay a couple of hundred quid, if not
more, for such a wonderful perk that cannot actually be purchased at
any
price.

Doesn't anyone sell fake ones ?

They'd be easy to make with a laser printer, especially since London bus
drivers don't do much to check "out of town" bus passes (which do not
work with the Oyster machines, meaning that flashing it at the driver is
all you need do and it can be done from within the plastic window in a
wallet or similar).

It's an obvious flaw.

Ours have embedded RFID chips. Which the ticket machines read.

the machines on London buses can't read the chips on out of town passes.

they have to rely on the Mark 1 eyeball

tim