Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tim... tim... is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 19/11/2017 10:33, tim... wrote:

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:40:46 -0000, tim...
wrote:

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 14:38:58 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Go for the basics. The basic OAP for a single person (assuming
full
contribution years) is £119 The basic uneployment benefit if
under 25
is
£57. Both can be supplemented by means tested benefits if
eligible.

Now either one is super generous or one is parsimonious.

IMHO neither are generous.

Quite. Thus if you agree 119 isn't generous for a single OAP to
live on,

That £119 figure is incorrect.

The current pension starts at £155

No it doesn't

It does if you are paid up.

only if fully paid up NOT contracted out

It is a pretence by HMG that it does.

Did they fool you?

Yes they did

with 35 years contributions it comes as a surprise that my pension
expectation is 120 pounds something

tim

If you aren't yet of pension age, your entitlement will be at least £155
in today's prices.

but when I ask the relevant Government Agency what my entitlement will be,
they tell me that it's not going to be 155 pounds

tim