Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Flat roof, lean to, side Garage extension - roofing timbers?

GB Wrote in message:
On 19/11/2017 16:12, Andy Burns wrote:
jim wrote:

the roof of a side lean to, flat roof

"lean-to" and "flat roof" are different things in my book.

I think it might be a garage with a flat roof?

Correct.

Am I right that the lean to runs the length or width of the garage and
will jut out 3.5m from it?

Yes the length ~6m

In that case, you'll need a strong, heavy
structure to anchor the corrugated sheets to, to stop them blowing away
in a storm, rather than to take their weight.

Well quite sheltered here so snow load would be the daddy. (just
like the original structure I expect)

https://www.eden.gov.uk/planning-and...-timber-sizes/
Can you risk departing from the details here, even though the roof
covering is obviously lighter than the council have in mind?

Mmm :-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----