Corey Dale

Default Craftsman snowblower problem!

George Macomber wrote in message ...
probally a broken drive gear
cotter pin

Hello George, thanks for the reply.

That sounds like it might be the problem! It helped to jog my memory
about how the snowblower was acting before the tune-up, right after
the tune-up, and how its acting now.

Before the tuneup, when I would push the snowblower there was no noise
coming from the wheel assembly at all. After the tuneup, I noticed
that when I pushed the snowblower (when it wasn't running and in gear)
there was a noticable noise coming from it (I'm thinking now that it
was the gearbox turning as the wheels turned). After the drive
stopped working, the noise disappeared (so no connection between the
wheel axle and the drive-shaft going to the gearbox!).

Does that sound I have the problem identified?

Thanks again,
Corey

Hello.

I have an older (about 20yrs from what I've read) Craftsman snow
thrower/blower (model "536-90520 HC2") with a problem. It is a
self-propelled model.

I bought the unit from the previous owner of my home. I tried it out
about a week ago (for the first time) and it wouldn't start. I took
it to a local shop for a tune-up, and they get it running great after
a minor carb cleaning.

I got it home and used it for the first time last night. It worked
great for the first half of my driveway, then all of a sudden the
wheel drive stopped working. The auger drive still works fine, the
engine still runs fine, but the 4 forward and 1 reverse gears don't do
anything anymore (no more self-proppeled)!!

Could anyone give me some advice/guidance on what the possible cause
could be? Would it be something I could fix easily myself?

Please respond by email and also here for anyone else that may be
having this problem.

Thanks,

Corey Dale
(remove the '.nospam')