Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
news
On 19/11/2017 09:34, soup wrote:
On 19/11/2017 00:46, Fredxxx wrote:

I was also thinking of this article:
https://www.rt.com/uk/357676-literac...n-adults-oecd/

1 in 20 is not 25% .

The definition of literacy is a moveable feast. Either way Wodders is in
denial that anyone can't read and write.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

I never ever said no one couldnt read or write, I JUST
said that your stupid claim that 20-25% of the natives
cant read or write is a bare faced lie.

There are also articles like:
https://www.rt.com/uk/357676-literac...n-adults-oecd/

Which doesnt say ANYTHING about what percentage cant read or write.

though as I've said before, there is no single definition for being
illiterate.

And it would be completely stupid to claim that someone who
can use facebook and twitter is illiterate and I bet that all but
say the legally moron and some of the blind wouldnt be able
to do that when they have just left school recently.

And that would be quite adequate for a cleaner etc that only
needs to be able to read a text message and work out when
they need to show up at work to do more cleaning etc.