Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

In article ,
Yellow wrote:
I'm curious as to how much you think you need to live 'comfortably'?

It depends on your circumstances - obviously.

For a single person who is set up, without rent or mortgage but paying
all other bills including running a car and council tax, with no
benefits or tax credits, £9,000.

I73 a week

On top of that you need the allow for
breakages and replacements so add another couple of thousand for that.
So £12,000 plus housing.

230 a week.

Both very short of the basic unemployment benefit.

What?

If you have kids, a partner, other mouths to feed, pets, a tumble drier
on the go every day and holidays to Disneyland, then obviously you need
more.

So - I have answered your question so please will you now answer mine.

Do I think many on the current levels of unemployment benefit - even long
term - get a raw deal? Yes. Judging by what I've seen with my own eyes.
And mainly talking about the single.