Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default How to screw toilet to floor

In message ,
newshound writes
On 18/11/2017 11:02, Graeme wrote:

grin* Brass plated screws are horrible things.* The ones I removed
from the pan are real brass and will go through my little tumbler for
reuse, good as new.

But even real brass screws will corrode in the presence of bleach, and
slotted ones are a PITA if they get chewed. These days I *always* use
Pozidrive stainless.

This is a Victorian house, and any form of cross head screw just looks
wrong. I have used them though, where they can't be seen, but for any
with the head visible, I use slotted, brass if possible. Having said
that, I often use Pozi initially, then change to cross head brass,
because the Pozi is easier to drive initially.

--
Graeme