Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On 18/11/2017 16:13, Yellow wrote:

Andrew wrote:

Go for the basics. The basic OAP for a single person (assuming full
contribution years) is £119

Not since April 2016. Much more now, and many people have Serps
entitlements too.

Plus free bus travel, heating and council tax discount for those
with less than ~£16,000 in savings.

How much is free travel worth in London ?.

I would love a pensioner's bus pass but am not old enough unfortunately,
and was wistfully thinking about them only the other day.

I have one! :-)

I left off applying for a few years after qualifying, reasoning that it
was of limited use (since it can't be used before 09:30), but when I
realised that it can be used before that time in London, it became an
obvious thing to do, because I sometimes have to work for the day in
Central London, some way from the relevant railway terminal.

I concluded I would be prepared to pay a couple of hundred quid, if not
more, for such a wonderful perk that cannot actually be purchased at any
price.

Steady on.

Unless you live in London, it only covers you for the buses.