Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

In article ,
JNugent wrote:

Go for the basics. The basic OAP for a single person (assuming full
contribution years) is £119 The basic uneployment benefit if under 25 is
£57. Both can be supplemented by means tested benefits if eligible.

Indeed. I have said many times that single people get a raw deal from
means tested benefits compared to those with children.

Now either one is super generous or one is parsimonious.

What was that about like for like?

Please explain how a single younger person needs half the money to live
than an OAP does? Surely that is reasonably like for like?

I've already explained the difference in a previous post. So has Yellow.