Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default SEARS deal spotting

On 18-Nov-17 12:58 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Our local appliance dealer only has room for a few brands on the floor.
He belongs to a buying co-op though and can get any brand out there with
better service and price than any of the big box stores.

[story above and beyond elided solely for brevity]...

The service isn't the problem locally; these guys will also do almost
anything (something I do have to say the guy who happens to be a
relatively near neighbor with his place a couple miles north of us
wasn't that great on--I guess that part of Sears rubbed off) to help but
has only what he has available.

For large appliances in particular, "kicking the tires" is key and so
when there's only one or two to choose from without driving 100 miles to
do so it's a major loss...