Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default SEARS deal spotting

On 11/18/2017 10:26 AM, dpb wrote:

I just noticed yesterday the catalog store here has now closed
entirely...they were franchise operations, of course, not "Sears proper"
stores, but took down a local entrepreneur with them as well.Â* In such a
small market as this, that is a noticeable loss; there's now only one
appliance retailer of any note at all left in town who doesn't have many
of the brands available through Sears for the choice...

--

Our local appliance dealer only has room for a few brands on the floor.
He belongs to a buying co-op though and can get any brand out there with

Example of service. I bought a couple of parts to repair my old washer.
Got into it and saw it was not worth fixing. Went back to the store,
he took the parts back and delivered the new machine 2 hours later.

Freezer broke. The replacement I wanted would take two days to get. He
brought over a loaner and helped transfer all the food. Two days later
brought the new one and helped transfer again. No loss.

All of this and $30 less than the big box stores.