Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 18/11/2017 08:10, Graeme wrote:
In message , harry
writes

My first house cost £400 in 1970.

Crikey. Where was that? My first house, 1975, was £10,250, Bristol. I
sold it for a modest profit two years later, and moved to Stoke Poges,
where I bought a maisonette for £12,500. Another two years later (1979),
I sold that for £25,000 which was a handsome profit. Moving to
Colchester, that bought me a three bed detached house.

I sold my last one for £400,000. (Downsized)

Downsizing is on our minds. Would certainly release some useful capital.

I'm afraid that I'm hoping Spreadsheet Phil will carry out a one-off
change to stamp duty to make the seller pay and not the buyer.

This will help the FTB, and claw back some of the massive over-valuation
that the UK housing stock has reached.

Nope, it would make no difference.

Australian-style restrictions on ownership of residential
property by non-doms and ltd co's would help too.

There is no such restriction by ltd cos and there is
no restriction on non-doms buying new builds.

And Sydney prices are just as insane as London prices anyway.