George Macomber

Default Craftsman snowblower problem!

probally a broken drive gear
cotter pin

Hello.

I have an older (about 20yrs from what I've read) Craftsman snow
thrower/blower (model "536-90520 HC2") with a problem. It is a
self-propelled model.

I bought the unit from the previous owner of my home. I tried it out
about a week ago (for the first time) and it wouldn't start. I took
it to a local shop for a tune-up, and they get it running great after
a minor carb cleaning.

I got it home and used it for the first time last night. It worked
great for the first half of my driveway, then all of a sudden the
wheel drive stopped working. The auger drive still works fine, the
engine still runs fine, but the 4 forward and 1 reverse gears don't do
anything anymore (no more self-proppeled)!!

Could anyone give me some advice/guidance on what the possible cause
could be? Would it be something I could fix easily myself?

Please respond by email and also here for anyone else that may be
having this problem.

Thanks,

Corey Dale
(remove the '.nospam')