Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 14:34:39 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

On 18/11/2017 08:10, Graeme wrote:
In message ,
harry writes

My first house cost £400 in 1970.

Crikey.Â* Where was that?Â* My first house, 1975, was £10,250, Bristol.Â* I
sold it for a modest profit two years later, and moved to Stoke Poges,
where I bought a maisonette for £12,500.Â* Another two years later
(1979), I sold that for £25,000 which was a handsome profit.Â* Moving to
Colchester, that bought me a three bed detached house.

I sold my last one for £400,000. (Downsized)

Downsizing is on our minds.Â* Would certainly release some useful capital.

I'm afraid that I'm hoping Spreadsheet Phil will carry out a one-off
change to stamp duty to make the seller pay and not the buyer.

That would be a step in the right direction.

This will help the FTB, and claw back some of the massive over-valuation
that the UK housing stock has reached.

Australian-style restrictions on ownership of residential
property by non-doms and ltd co's would help too.

Agreed.

--
If a man stands in a forest and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?