Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JNugent[_4_] JNugent[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On 17/11/2017 17:04, Fredxxx wrote:
On 17/11/2017 16:50, Graeme wrote:
In message , Fredxxx
writes

The question I raised was a simple one, "How many loaves of bread
would that have bought?"

A quick Google suggests a loaf of bread was 9p (decimal) in 1970, and
53p now.Â* I was earning roughly 650pa, including London weighting,
call that £13pw or 32.5p per hour.Â* One hour bought almost four
loaves. Today, minimum wage of £7.50ph would buy fourteen loaves.

You're being very disingenuous.

If you're not going to quote the article it is immensely unhelpful and
does you little service, where I presume the same article also quoted a
loaf of bread in 2007 as being 97p.

I can assure you bread has increased in price since. In 2007 I was
buying loaves at 30p. I have no reason to believe I would not have been
able to buy loaves at 3p or less in 1970.

True, for certain sizes of bread.

But not standard sized loaves.