Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SEARS deal spotting

Went to SEARS as they had a driver set I wanted on sale at a pretty decent price. While there, I found they have a lot of items dramatically marked down, unadvertised, in store only.

One of the things I almost always buy when they are on sale is their tool bag sets. The Craftsman tool bags aren't really heavy duty like my Nichols or others, but they do a dandy service for the price. I can segment out my tools for storage like my plumbing tools. My door kit tool bag has my 1" spade bit, my 2 1/8" hole saw, a homemade guide, and a 1/2" and 3/4" chisel in it along with a bunch of precut wedges for shims. I have a bag that I keep extra drill bits and drivers in. I have tools separated for my guy's use, "borrowers" if they have a tool break, and then my tools (off limits). I have a roofing bag with pry bars, nails, screws, tin snips, and a couple of tubes of sealant. I have a tool bag with road tools in it for my significant other to stow in her trunk. When I cook away from the house (which is frequent) I have a large bag with a ton of cooking utensils in it. I gave a set to my nephew, and he keeps most of his camping stuff in the big one, and his knife collection and sharpening stuff in the small one.

The 13" and 18" combo set is $8.99 here, and they also have a larger set of two for $15 (1/2 off) that has a bag large enough hold my battery powered recip saw and a big battery.

For all that read the paper, listen to the news, gossip about the decline of America, or even still read this group, we ALL KNOW SEARS IS GOING AWAY. No need to inform me, lecture me, or pontificate on the demise of American retail, or reason that they are cheap because the are preparing to collapse all of SEARS.

Duh. It is a subject that has been literally hammered to dust. Not interested.

This is just a "heads up" post on an outstanding deal for tool bags (and some other goodies) based on personal experience. Until I found them this cheap, I never thought of using them for anything but tools. The larger set has a 20" bag that I have even used as an overnight bag.

http://www.sears.com/search=tool%20bag%20combo

They were out of most sizes as this sale started a while back, but the same deals on available online. On top of the savings, they also have an aggressive cash back program as well as other incentives. I spent $118 yesterday (extension cords on sale as well) and when I opened a SEARS account, they have me a monstrous $60 back. (No wonder they are leaving us!)

Regardless of the limbo situation of Craftsman warranty and its application, there are deals to be had if someone wants to take advantage of the opportunity.

Robert