Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 17 November 2017 14:12:44 UTC, tim... wrote:
"Yellow" wrote in message

But I can definitely remember that I didn't earn enough to rent a flat
for
myself and had to live in a house share for the first 4 years of my
career
until I had established some seniority and an enhanced salary

I've not know anyone that can buy a house on their own anyone that has has
also had to rent out a room.

I bought my first house (flat) in Chelmsford in 1983, 17,000 IIRC

I had just started to take contract work at 400 pound per week, but my
previous permanent salary had been 8K IIRC

tim