Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

On 17/11/2017 18:32, pamela wrote:
On 14:20 17 Nov 2017, bm wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message

Blackpool? Black-pool? That's pure luxury. We took out
holidays in a paper bag, if we were lucky. Etc.

They had paper bags?

That Monty Python sketch ends up with.....

"I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half
an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid,
work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for
permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and
our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing
'Hallelujah'".

Actually it end up with, "And you try and tell the young people of today
that... they won't believe you" - and the rest agreeing.

--
Max Demian