Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default P'boarding a ceiling - noggins?

Wrote in message:
On Friday, 17 November 2017 18:30:16 UTC, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Friday, 17 November 2017 11:35:43 UTC, wrote:

I need to P'board a ceiling (5.5m x 2.9m, with joists at 400 centres)
but there aren't any noggins down the long sides because it used to be
lath+plaster. I've found conflicting advice about whether or not noggins
are needed down the long outside edges and also about whether noggins
are needed to support board end joints. Page 338 of the "site book" at
http://www.british-gypsum.com says that 12.5mm board is OK to 450
centres but that noggins are always required around the perimeter, but
looking elsewhere it seems that noggins are often skipped. I suspect
I've answered my own question by typing this (noggins down the sides but
not at joints) but it would be useful to hear what others do.

You can do it either way.

Like you'd know ??:-D

I would cos I've done it. That's why I said. You're one of the few that failed to work that out. And I bet never will.

Your reply won't be anything of substance or interest.

Sad sick trolling ****.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----