Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Dan S. MacAbre writes
tim... wrote:

"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote in message
news

I don't have a TV licence, so I will have to forego the pleasure, I'm
afraid.

It's on C4

you're allowed to watch catch up without a license

tim

Interesting - I didn't know that.

Quite simply.....
These days, you need a UK TV licence to:
(a) Watch, record or download ANY live or nearly-live TV programme (even
if it is not BBC).
(b) Watch, record or download ANY BBC TV programme whatsoever
(regardless whether it is live, nearly-live or 'catch-up').
You do NOT need a UK TV licence to:
(c) Watch any non-BBC programme that is 'catch-up'.

Thanks. I'll try to remember that. The bits of TV I see at various
people's houses just tend to annoy me, though. I've completely lost
touch with it.