Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default how to stop ice from spilling on the floor.

Visiting my brother who has an LG refrigerator, LFC22740ST.

When I pull out the freezer drawer and then the ice tray, ice cubes get
knocked off the pile into the main drawer I think, and worse, behind the
drawer and then onto the floor. Up to 6 pieces of ice end up on t he
floor each time, and I have to pick each one up.

This is side-by-side with the freezer in a drawer at the bottom. So no
water in the door.

The pile of ice is 6" high or more. This apartment is vacant most of
the time until it's sublet and I'd like to turn off the icemaker, but
all I can find is Ice Plus, which will make even more ice.

I can't find a swtich to turn the icemaker off.

Googling just returns hits about water spilling on the floor, not ice.
And this model of LG is probably not listed on the LG site.