Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:34:40 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 17/11/2017 09:59, whisky-dave wrote:

snip

So I was suprised to find that I was getting just 700W from a full on 2KW heater.

All that tells you is that either it was not full on (regardless of how
you had the controls set),

Quite, but the thing that still seems to elude him is the *why* he is
seeing this lower value?

He seems to be looking at it all like a basic consumer where no
'technical answers' seem to actually mean anything ... and so he just
repeats the same 'consumer' level observation / complaint, like any of
us sold him the rads! ;-(

'Why won't you let me on the plane'
'Because you have missed the last boarding time sir'
'Yes, but why won't you let me on the plane ...?'

He isn't 'just getting 700W from a 2kW heater' in any case, he's
getting the total output from a 700 + 1300W heater for a period, then
getting 700W + the average over the cycle time of the 1300W element
thereafter.

It's not difficult or complicated but in spite of plenty of advice and
answers from people who obviously know what they are talking about
(and me g) he still seems to think he understands it all better, or
that we don't understand it at all? ;-(

or you have a serious undervolt problem.

'And' by the sounds of it (but not enough to justify his 'only 700W
output' issue though). ;-)

Cheers, T i m