Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
1) Benefits on offer to the "wont work" are far too generous if an
unemployed person can say "I wouldn't get out of bed for 7.50 an
hour" and/or "I rather spend the time at home with my girlfriend".
We need to systematically reduce benefits for the fit and healthy the
longer they are on benefits.

I'd love to see the likes of you live on 7.50 an hour. But it will be
the usual 'don't do as I do, but do as I say'.

1200 per month, perhaps 1000 after taxes

3-400 on a room in a shared house

6-700 for other expenses

seems perfectly adequate to me

When starting out in your career that's what you have to do

and yes it IS what I did

Yes - when starting out in your career. You didn't make that distinction
when referring to unemployment benefits. And the young unemployed already
get less than the older.

Unemployment benefit is already far less than the OAP. Are you suggesting
that is super generous too?

--
*Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.