Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

whisky-dave wrote:

what makes yuo think it;s 40 amps will you answer this or not.

I do not think your heaters are taking 40A. We were discussing why the
MCB didn't trip, because a 32A breaker can supply more than 40A for
hours without tripping.

only 140 amps where or how did you get that figure ?

You just glibly replied to Johns message where he showed you ... he
wasn't saying your heaters are taking 140A, rather that in the even of a
short circuit (where ideally you'd want many hundreds of amps available
to ensure the MCB trips in under half a second) your 202V supply could
only supply 140A which would take it 20 seconds to trip.

140A at 202V is 22kW heating up your cabling, your lab should be toasty
until the fire service arrive.