Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default GU10 halogen.

In article ,
wrote:
On Thursday, 16 November 2017 23:39:09 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

I'm sure you'd be very happy with a fluorescent tube in your living room.

I have in fact got 3 in mine. Don‘t use them anymore much tho.

Fluorescents work well as house lighting. The problem is that most
people have no idea how to make them work well, and stick bare bulb ugly
fittings in the centre of the ceiling.

Which is what most do with LEDs too - they simply replace one type of lamp
with another.

If a lighting system is designed from scratch, I'd hope it would work well
regardless of the type of lamp used.

Thing with fluorescent is you generally need to conceal the tubes for best
looks. Not the same as with other types of lighting.

--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.