Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 15:12:17 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 05:41:26 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 11:55:42 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 03:30:12 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave

It would depend on where it bridged itself (if it does). It might
already have done that, in which case the measured voltage is even more
worrying!

doesn't worry me in the least because I expected it.

I don't think you can be sure exactly where the voltage drop is coming
from though can (even) you?

No but againn I donlt care.

I'm guessing you do care or this thread wouldn't be as long as it is?

It's not me that's making the thread long.

Mine was a simple question regarding what power would yuo expect a 2KW heater to use. I wanslt expecting pin point accuracy when I knew the jeaters specs was 2KW 220-240V there;s a 10% change without the power altering.

Not sure about you but if I put the heater on a 220V supply I'd expect it to consumer a bit less power than it would on a 240V supply.
Taking it up to 260V would be beyond it's quoted spec. and I;d assume that the power would increase until a cut-out tripped out protecting the elemants and the heater in gerneral.

We have those 3 pin sockets in the lab that supply power that are just like those in everyones house, hwo often to yuo worry whether the volatge at that point is 200V or 240V ?

When I bought a heater that was supposed to be 2kW and I got far less
than I expected?

Did yuo take it back or report it as faulty ?

How often to you measure it to check, before vacuuming do you check the voltage before or during vacuuming if not why not ?

I would if the vacuum didn't perform as expected and FWIW, I have a
voltage monitor plugged in all the time.

Next!

Cheers, T i m