CBHvac

Default Should I replace a 9 year old furnace?

For the last time...Maytags NOT got the best warranty...
And for sure does not have the best unit.....not by a long shot.
Hyundai went to a longer warranty too...but I damn sure wasnt gonna run out
and buy one.

"tflfb" wrote in message
My home is 10 yrs old the a/c started to leak this spring, I opted for a

new
furnace variable speed motor, and a 16 seer heat pump/ac 2 stage combo.

The furnace should last 20 yrs, I wanted the most efficiently I could get.

installed a Maytag 10 yrs parts and labor, on both units, best in the
industry,

Tom

"Bill" wrote in message
.com...
I am getting a new central A/C unit that has seen better days. It's 15+
years old, and it finally died. I was told they have to replace

something
above the furnace (the condesor?). While they are here working on my
furnace, should I just get a new furnace too??

I have a Lennox furnace that is still working, but it's 9+ years old.
Manufactured in early1993.

Of course, they are offering me a package deal to also replace the

furnace
if I want. Initially I said no, but I have no idea the average life
expectancy of an average furnace. If they only last 12 years (on

average),
I hate to have them back out in a year or so.

Looking for advice for anyone that was in my situation.......