Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Replacement dimmer switch.

Certainly used to be standoffs, I fitted one to the front room for a deeper
dimmer when the old one kept blowing up its triacs due to insufficient
cooling. I took it out some 10 years back when I refitted a normal switch
since dimming a light is a bit pointless when you cannot see if its even on
or off!
It was a square of hard plastic and two extra long metric screws that were
put back in to reach the lugs in the all box.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Another Dave" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to replace the 5 incandescent candle bulbs in a chandelier with
LEDs. The only problem seems to be the dimmer switch. A switch suitable
for LEDs is deeper than the current dimmer and I don't want to start
chiseling the wall for a new back box. Does anyone know of a switch
shallower than this one?

http://tinyurl.com/yal5gdx6

or, alternatively, is there such a thing as a standoff?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie