Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Ash in cement,Ratio?

Its that time of year again when operating the multi fuel stove banked
up with an anthracite based briquette product means there is some Ash
to be disposed of. Wood ash is no problem as it can be used in the
garden but I am reluctant to dispose of coal ash in this way though I
believe it may have been used by some in the past so it get bagged up
and taken to the dump or sometimes put in a bag in the non recyclable
bin which often means double handling as it is too hot for plastic
bags.

Next spring we will need to replace some border edging so killing two
birds with one stone I'm thinking of getting one of those moulds
designed for use with cement to cast some edging and use the ash as a
constituent in place of the some of the cement or sand and cast some
edges over the winter as and when I feel like it.
Anybody have any suggestion as to what ratios would make a reasonably
robust mix.

G.Harman