Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Soot like build up on radient grills of a gas fire

Do you have a CO2 detector in your room? I think you should if you feel its
burning incorrectly whatever colour the flame might be.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
I've been get these odd balls of what looks like soot appearing on my gas
fire grills. I've taken the grills out and hoovered it out, plus I got a
small hose attachment which I pushed out the small vent holes just above the
grills. But I didn't get a load of soot like I was expecting. I'm wondering
if it's something to do with the way the gas it's self is burning that is
creating this balls. They basically burn themselves out when you turn the
fire off but it's obviously still a problem.

Any help would be great!