Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Prop planes over Scotland

On 16/11/2017 00:00, Rod Speed wrote:

"Martin Barclay" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 11:52:53 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 11:28:28 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Graeme wrote:

(Aberdeenshire)Â* Quietly standing in the garden yesterday, hanging out
washing, when I heard an unusual noise and, looking up, saw a four
engine prop plane fly over the village from the north, then bank
towards the west.Â* A few moments later, a second one did the same.

Was not wearing my specs, so could not say what type of aircraft they
were, or even details of markings.Â* Unusual, though.Â* The only planes
we normally see are occasional RAF fighter jets on practice or
training
flights.Â* Quite often see helicopters flying west to Balmoral, but
nowhere there to land a plane.

Any thoughts?
No unusual to have prop planes for short haul. We get quite few in and
out of our local airport. Maybe a service to Scottish Islands?

I once flew from Aberdeen to Orkney for Jo Grimond's funeral!

The plane was a turboprop.

Russians useÂ* Antonov An-30B turboprops to overfly on military
inspections
under the the international Treaty on Open Skies.

Doesn't have 4 engines. Its much more likely to have been a couple of
Hercs.

Was my thought too.