Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Prop planes over Scotland

On 15/11/2017 10:53, Graeme wrote:

(Aberdeenshire)Â* Quietly standing in the garden yesterday, hanging out
washing, when I heard an unusual noise and, looking up, saw a four
engine prop plane fly over the village from the north, then bank towards
the west.Â* A few moments later, a second one did the same.

Was not wearing my specs, so could not say what type of aircraft they
were, or even details of markings.Â* Unusual, though.Â* The only planes we
normally see are occasional RAF fighter jets on practice or training
flights.Â* Quite often see helicopters flying west to Balmoral, but
nowhere there to land a plane.

Any thoughts?

My nephew is an airline pilot. He says if it was a four engined turbo
prop it would be military.

Bill