Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Tarmac driveway?

On 15/11/2017 18:51, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 15/11/17 15:13, JoeJoe wrote:

snip

We are not particularly house-proud, and can happily live with the 2nd
option (he assured us that it would be done properly), but is there a
reason not to go with that? We live in a neighbourhood of around 100
houses, and none of them has a tarmac driveway€¦ Is it just a matter of
taste?

How about Resin?
http://www.pavingexpert.com/resin.htm

A car owning house near here has has it done years ago, still looks good
- no cracks, weeds, discolourations etc...

One of my neighbours had that done, over the top of the original
concrete. Where the four wheels of his van pressed down every
night, it has warn away the resin and 'grit'. Moss has invaded
the rest. Looks awful 10 years on.