Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Home Depot lawn tractor tires

Space Cadet posted for all of us...

wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:46:36 -0600, "Space Cadet"
wrote:
Someone might be interested to know when you take out a valve stem and rig it to fill the tire without a restriction that you can inflate a tire a lot easier, and get it to seat, but you're too stupid to even know what I'm talking about.

I don't know if anyone ever tried putting sealant and foam rubber in a tire but thought someone might tell me how it worked for them if they did. There are some videos on YouTube but it looks like gathering the sealant and foam to make it work would be more expense and trouble, but again, I hoped someone would tell me if they had done it.

I have used "slime" on lawn tractor tires and it worked somewhat to
stop slow leaks. How did you mount your new tire. I have 2 I need to
mount.

To put it on the tire is pretty easy. Just lay the tire on the side and put one side of the rim in by pushing down and rotating. That's the easiest side to do. Then flip the tire over and use two big screwdrivers to get in about two inches at a time going all the way around. Push your knees down on the tire to keep it from popping out, which can sometimes happen. The bigger the tire the easier it seems to be, although I haven't done a car tire.

There are so many mesquite trees around here, the little ones are difficult to see, that my two front tires have about twenty leather plugs in each of them. Those tires are only a few years old. Mesquite grow quick. I try to go around and cut them all before I mow, but can't always find them all.

How do you inflate it without the valve stem? Please provide further
details.

--
Tekkie