Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil-fired Worcester Danesmoor 15-19 Boiler

On 15/11/2017 16:14, ian nye wrote:
replying to Graham Dean, ian nye wrote:
hi,did you sort this problem as I have the same thing happening , lockout
anything from 2 - 4 times , but fires up ok on reset , again seems to
work ok with the front cover off

That tends to suggest that the flame sensor has sooted up and is only
happy when it can see light from the room. The other one I have known
cause trouble is a very slow leak overnight so that the initial lighting
causes a dirty sooty flame. Check the photosensor and clean it.

Reset and no more excess oil to burn the second or third attempt works.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown