Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED bulb failed - and replaced free after 3 years

Dave Plowman (News) pretended :
These wild claims for life would be more believable if they were backed up
by a suitable warrenty. 50,000 hours would be approx 20 years at 6 hours
use per day.

The claims are a bit wild, but even if genuine life hours were claimed
it would only be and average life - som would fall far short, some much
longer.

I have had not a single failure so far and I am pleased with the light
and the energy saving. All were cheap ones, or bought on the cheap -
direct from China or during the BHS sell off, where I bought 20x Osram
3.5w O BC LED's for general lighting purposes.